The Flux Capacity Challenge Finalists
Chat with Phil From 5th Street Games
Tonight at 8pm US Central time chat with Phil, the owner of 5th Street Games and sponsor of our new contest, The 5th Street Challenge. Join us in The Game Crafter Chatroom tonight to get all your questions answered about the new contest, Phil, 5th Street Games, and the meaning of the universe.
TFC Semi-Finalists Have Been Chosen
The Flux Capacity Publishing Challenge Voting Begins
For nearly 3 months our community has been working on entries for The Flux Capacity Publishing Challenge. The grand prize is a publishing deal with The Flux Capacity. Your job is to narrow the 30 entries down to just 20.
Mystery Challenge Winner Announced
The Game Crafter is a semi-finalist in the Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest
The Game Crafter is currently competing in the 11th annual Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest. There were 292 entries submitted and only 52 were selected to advance to the semi-final round. The Game Crafter and the other contestants are currently being evaluated and the top 24 business ideas will move on to the next round on April 9th. We think we’ve got a pretty awesome business (and community) here but we’ll see what the judges say! Wish us luck :)
Mystery Challenge Finalists
Our judge, David Sheppard, has narrowed the list of semi-finalists down to seven finalists. They are:
He also provided feedback for the entire top 20 in this PDF.
Congrats to the finalists. Good luck to each of your games as David plays them to determine a winner.
The Flux Capacity Publishing Challenge Chat
The Flux Capacity Publishing Challenge
The Flux Capacity is an up and coming board game publisher in Canada with two great titles under their belt, and more to come soon. TFC is looking for another game to add to their line-up and that’s where you come in.
All TFC games have significant replay value with a strong theme and solid mechanics. Their games are targeted at families with players aged 13 or older.
At TFC a strong theme means that the players are immersed in an experience that leave the players feeling that they were there, participating in the world that the game is about. The theme should be be threaded through the mechanics, art, and story of the game to unify the journey that the players take.
Solid mechanics means no fluff. Every choice has an impact on how the rest of the game plays out. There needs to be meaning behind each decision and the decisions should feel as though they belong in the world that the theme has created.
To qualify, your game must comply with all of the following rules:
- While the implications of the rules can and should be complex, the explanation of the rules must be simple (can be learned and/or taught in less than 15 minutes).
- It cannot be a cards-only game. It must use other components such as pawns, boards, tiles, etc.
- It should also not be a small game, but rather something with substance that the players can immerse themselves in time and again.
- Play time must be less than 2 hours, and ideally 60-90 minutes.
- It must play 2 to 6 players.
- It must be a competitive game, not co-op. However, it cannot have an elimination mechanic.
- The game must have a cost of $39.99 or less.
- You are welcome to use any components available in The Game Crafter shop.
- A rules document or booklet must be downloadable from your game’s shop page and must also be included in the game itself.
- The game must be publish ready, meaning it has a logo, backdrop, shop ad, action shots, description, and cool factors. It must also have all images proofed, and have packaging (any of our boxes will do).
- This must be a new game created for this contest. It cannot have existed on TGC prior to the contest.
- All artwork must be your own, commissioned by you, licensed to you, or in the public domain.
- All entries must be submitted through TGC’s game editor (by clicking on the “Contests” button) no later than Noon UTC on May 27th, 2014.
- Contestants may submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
The winner shall receive a publishing contract with The Flux Capacity for their game with intentions to produce the game in 2015.
The second place game designer shall receive a pack of games from The Flux Capacity.
The third place game designer shall receive a copy of The Flux Capacity’s most recently produced game, Give it to the King!
The Flux Capacity has another kickstarter launching shortly for Gone Viking. Go check it out.
These are your semi-finalists for the Mystery Challenge
The votes are in and we are pleased to officially announce the list of semi-finalists for the Mystery Challenge.
62 Entries in the Mystery Challenge!
The submission period for the Mystery Challenge has ended and we’re pleased to reveal 62 entries! It is now up to our community to vote on the entries to narrow the field from 62 down to just 20 semi-finalists.
Additional Mystery Challenge Prize
We’re pleased to announce that as an additional prize the winner of the Mystery Challenge will get a spot at our booth at one of our premier gaming events to showcase their games. If you win you can choose from either a spot at our booth at Gen Con 2014, or our booth at Phoenix Comicon 2014.